Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Celebrating pregnancy

The past few weeks of my pregnancy has been quite stressful. I was bleeding. I had urinary tract infection. I got hospitalized. I became well. Then I'm bleeding again. Add to that the diagnosis that I have gestational diabetes. It's hard not to be anxious when all these things are happening.

My doctor said that my bleeding seems like I'm experiencing threatened pre-term labor. Meaning I am not yet on pre-term labor, it's just that all these signs of pre-term labor have been apparent. And we'd want to prevent that, because we want the baby to be born full term. To do that I'd be taking medication for the next six weeks.

But more than these things that I worry about, I would like to celebrate the many good things about this pregnancy, as inspired by a friend's blog about her pregnancies. I remember having tears of joy hearing my baby's heartbeat for the first time and seeing her face on ultrasound. My husband's reaction on feeling the baby's movement for the first time is priceless. And feeling the baby's movements throughout the day and night even if it makes sleeping difficult is an assurance that my baby is doing well.

I'm truly excited to see you, my baby! But you have to spend a few more weeks in Mommy's tummy. Be well! :)

No comments: