Sunday, July 29, 2007

Tinkering with my guitar

In my trip to La Union, I stayed with the family of Jason, who owns a guitar! Seeing that guitar got me interested in playing the guitar again, after about a year already. So when I got back home, I got my guitar and songbook and played some songs. One of the favorite songs to play and sing is Somewhere Down the Road by Barry Manilow. I adjusted the chords a bit so it would fit my female voice :)

SOMEWHERE DOWN THE ROAD

G

We had the right love
C

At the wrong time

Am
Guess I always knew inside

Dsus G
I wouldn't have you for a long time

CM7
Those dreams of yours

G Em
Are shining on distant shores

Am7 G
And if they're calling you away

CM7 D7sus
I have no right to make you stay

G
Refrain: (But/And/Cause) somewhere down the road

C
Our roads are gonna cross again

Am7 D7sus D7
It doesn't really matter when

G
But somewhere down the road

C G
I know that heart of yours

C D7sus
will come to see

Am G D7sus G
That you belong with me

Sometimes goodbyes are not forever
It doesn't matter if you're gone
I still believe in us together
I understand more than you think I can
You have to go out on your own
So you can find your way back home


Bb G Am7 G
Letting go is just another way to say

Ebm Dm7 Am7
I'll always love you so

G

We had the right love

CM7
At the wrong time

G Am7 G
Maybe we've only just begun

Am7 D7sus
Maybe the best is yet to come

Repeat Refrain

No comments: